A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Yates Road, Wilderness Road, Wallcliffe Road and Caves Road, six kilometres south west of Margaret River, in the Shire of Augusta-Margaret River.
• You need to be aware and keep up to date.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire is burning in scrub near Yates Road.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
Some roads may be closed and motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
Further information will be released as it becomes available.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.