*Please note the overall alert level for this fire has been downgraded.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Armadale Road, Nicholson Road, Rowley Road and Tonkin Highway in the south-eastern part of Forrestdale in the City of Armadale.
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in people in an area bounded by Armadale Road, Taylor Road, Rowley Road and Nicholson Road in Forrestdale in the City of Armadale.
• The alert level has been downgraded as the fires are now contained.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• There are several fires burning in bushland around Forrestdale Lake.
• The bushfires are stationary.
• They are contained but not under control.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in the surrounding areas of Piara Waters, Forrestdale and the western part of Haynes in the City of Armadale.
• The danger has passed for people in these areas but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
• Drive slowly and with caution due to emergency services personnel working in the area.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
The following roads are closed:
• Nicholson Road from Armadale Road to Rowley Road
• Weld Street at Commercial Road
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Approximately 120 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue, Bush Fire Service and Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
• Firefighters are strengthening containment lines.
• Aerial support has been released from the incident.
• The first incident was reported at approximately 2.30pm.
• The cause of the fires is lightning.
• One house and several vehicles have been confirmed lost.
• DFES is managing the fires.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.