Bushfire ADVICE for Ashendon Forest Block, 20km south-east of Armadale in the Shires of Wandering and Armadale
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people near Ashendon forrest block, 20km south-east of Armadale and 5km north of Albany Highway in the shire of Wandering and Armadale.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• There is a fire burning in state forest.
• The bushfire is stationary.
WHAT TO DO:
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
No roads are closed.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
RECREATION SITE CLOSURES:
The Bibbulmun Track is closed between Brookton Highway and Miller Log Road and Albany Highway.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Volunteer bushfire birgade firefighters are on the scene with machinery.
• Aerial support has been withdrawn.
• The fire was reported at 1.15pm on 10 January 2016.
• The cause of the fire is lightning.
• DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today, 10 January 2016 unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.