A Total Fire Ban has been declared for Monday 11 January 2016 for the Perth Metropolitan, South West, Lower South West and parts of the Goldfields Midlands.
This includes the local government districts of:
Perth Metropolitan area and neighbouring areas:
• East Fremantle
• Mosman Park
• Peppermint Grove
• South Perth
• Victoria Park
South West Region:
• City of Bunbury
• Shire of Capel
• Shire of Collie
• Shire of Dardanup
• Shire of Murray
• Shire of Waroona
• Shire of Harvey
Lower South West Region:
• City of Busselton
• Shire of Augusta-Margaret River
• Shire of Boyup Brook
• Shire of Bridgetown-Greenbushes
• Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup
• Shire of Manjimup
• Shire of Nannup
Goldfields Midlands Region:
• Shire of Toodyay
On Monday 11 January any activity that could start a fire is banned.
• You must not light or use any fires in the open air
• All open fires for the purpose of cooking or camping are not allowed
• Hot work such as metal work, grinding, welding, soldering, gas cutting or similar is not allowed unless you have an exemption
• You must not undertake any other activities that may start a fire.
If a Harvest and Vehicle Movement Ban has not been implemented by your local government you are able to harvest or move vehicles across paddocks for agricultural purposes.
You could be fined up to $25,000 or jailed for 12 months or both if you ignore the Total Fire Ban.
For information on activities that can or cannot be carried out during a Total Fire Ban visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au/totalfirebans/Pages/TotalFireBanWhatCantIDo.aspx
If the information you want is not available from the website, telephone the Total Fire Ban Information Line 1800 709 355.
This information is also available by visiting www.dfes.wa.gov.au
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.