*Please note the alert level for this fire has been downgraded.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Reflection Boulevard, Camborne Parkway, Kingsbridge Boulevard and Jindalee Boulevard in Jindalee and Butler in the City of Wanneroo.
• The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire is now under control.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire is burning in bushland west of Marmion Avenue.
• The bushfire is moving slowly in a westerly direction.
• It is controlled but not contained.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
Marmion Avenue is closed between Jindalee Boulevard and Butler Boulevard.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Approximately 70 firefighters are on the scene.
• Firefighters are building containment lines.
• Aerial support is no longer required and has been released from the incident.
• The incident was reported at 3.36pm today.
• Approximately 8 hectares have been burnt.
• The cause of the fire is suspicious.
• People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
• DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.