* Please note changes under Alert Level, Bushfire Behaviour, Road Closures and Extra Information.
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in an area bounded by South of Forestry Road, west of Clarke Road, north of Rodgers and Waller Roads through to Clarke Road, north of Boonilup Road, north of Pead Road and east of Forrest Highway including Uduc, Thornton Housing Estate and Myalup Lakes Estate in the Shire of Harvey.
• You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive.
• There is a threat to lives and homes.
• The fire is burning south of Myalup Road, it is burning towards Forrest Highway.
• The weather over the next few days will be challenging for firefighters and the changing wind directions will test containment lines.
• Homes in Forestry Road, Myalup Road and properties surrounding the Myalup pine plantation may be threatened by the fire.
• The fire is contained but not controlled.
WHAT TO DO:
• If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
• Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
• If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
• The Department for Child Protection and Family Support has also set up a temporary evacuation centre at Harvey Recreation Centre on Young Street in Harvey.
• People in Uduc area should leave using Forestry Road eastwards toward Harvey or away from the fire towards Harvey.
• People in Myalup Lakes Estate should leave in a westerly direction towards Forrest Highway away from the fire.
PLACE OF LAST RESORT:
• If you cannot shelter in your home, a safer place you can go to is a local open space, shed, swimming pool, dam or building where you may go to seek shelter from a bushfire.
• This will give you some protection from the effects of a bushfire.
• Take water, woollen blankets and wear protective clothing.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people for an area bounded by south of Crampton Road, west of Taylors Lane and Field Road, north of Forestry Road and east of Forrest Highway.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people for an area bounded by west of Forrest Highway between Binningup Road and Finn Road including the townsites of Myalup and Binningup.
• There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
The following roads are closed;
• Forestry Road from Forrest Highway, east to Clarke Road.
• Myalup Road from Forrest Highway through to Forestry Road.
Other roads in the vicinity may also be closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Firefighters are protecting houses and infrastructure in the area.
• 150 firefighters from DFES, volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters from a number of stations and brigades are on the scene.
• Firefighters are actively fighting the fire and building and strengthening containment lines.
• Aerial support cannot operate in the dark and have been released from the incident. If needed they will return at first light.
• The fire was reported at 2.30pm on 7 February 2016.
• The size of the fire is approximately 400 hectares.
• Telephone text and voice messages have been issued for the areas of Uduc and Myalup.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• Shire of Harvey is managing the fire with the assistance of an interagency management team.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.