* Please note changes to What Firefighters are Doing
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in an area bounded by Great Eastern Highway, Great Southern Highway, and Wariin Road in The Lakes in the Shires of Mundaring and Northam
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The bushfire is burning in bushland near Great Southern Highway.
• The bushfire is stationary, however variable winds are occurring in the area.
• It is contained and controlled.
WHAT TO DO:
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Great Southern Highway is now open with 40 kilometer speed restrictions in place between Great Eastern Highway and Wariin Road.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• 70 DFES, Parks and Wildlife and Bush Fire Service volunteer firefighters are on the scene.
• Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
• The incident was reported at 3.06pm on 10 February 2016
• The cause of the fire is suspicious.
• People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
• The Shire of Mundaring is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow, 13 February 2016, unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.