note the evacuation centre is now closed.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains for people bounded by Codsford Road, Old Bunbury Road (off Dorsett Road), Southern Estuary Road, Forrest Highway and Kooljerrenup Nature Reserve, near John Tognela Rest Area on Forrest Highway, east of Lake Clifton in the Shire of Waroona.
• There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
• The fire burning is between Forrest Highway and Old Bunbury Road, on the western side of Forrest Highway.
• The bushfire is stationary.
• It is contained but not under control.
WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now. (u
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
The evacuation centre at the Waroona Recreation Centre on Miller Street, Waroona is now closed.
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people east of Harvey River, south of Kooljerrenup Nature Reserve, Hills Road and Mounsey Road, north of Dorrsett Road and Old Bunbury Road, and west of Gibbings Road in the Shire of Waroona.
Although there is no immediate danger for people in these areas you need to be aware and keep up to date.
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site
A number of roads have been closed including:
• Old Bunbury Road from Forrest Highway to Southern Estuary Road (access to Southern Estuary Road via Old Coast Road).
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Approximately 40 Bush Fire Service, Volunteer and Career Fire and Rescue Service firefighters are on scene strengthening containment lines and mopping up.
• The fire was reported at 11.05am today.
• It has burnt approximately 10 hectares
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• The Shire of Waroona is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided every two hours unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.