A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the vicinity of Gannet Lane and Kingfisher Terrace in Australind in the Shire of Harvey.
• You need to be aware and keep up to date.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire is burning in bushland near the intersection of Gannett Lane and Kingfisher Terrace.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
Some roads may be closed and motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Fire crews are on the scene.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
Further information will be released as it becomes available.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.