*Please note changes to road closures and what firefighters are doing.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by North Lake Road, Forrest Road, Coolbellup Avenue and Cordelia Avenue in the southern part of Coolbellup in the City of Cockburn.
• The alert level for this fire has been downgraded.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is some smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire started between near the intersection of Progress Drive and Gwilliam Drive in Bibra Lake.
• The bushfire is controlled but not yet contained.
WHAT TO DO:
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
• Progress Drive between Gwilliam Drive and Hope Road
North Lake Road between Forrest Road and Waverley Road is now open.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• 30 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service and Bush Fire Service firefighters are on the scene.
• Firefighters are mopping up.
• The incident was reported at 6.15am today.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.