A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people near Howson Drive and Billabong Court in Brunswick in the Shire of Harvey.
• You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
• The fire started near Forrest Highway in Brunswick.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
• Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting ahead of the fire.
WHAT TO DO:
• If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
• Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
• There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
• Leave via Howson Drive onto Clifton Road then north or south on Forrest Highway.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
Roads may be closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided hourly unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.