Please note changes under extra information section.
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in an area bounded by Progress Drive, Gwilliam Drive, North Lake Road and Roe Highway Extension in Bibra Lake in the City of Cockburn.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is some smoke in the area
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire started near the intersection of Progress Drive and Gwilliam Drive in Bibra Lake
• The bushfire is contained and controlled.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
• Be careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
All roads have been reopened.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
Fire crews are patrolling the area.
• The incident was reported at 6.15am on 17 February 2016.
• Ten hectares have been burnt
• The cause of the fire is unknown..
• People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
• DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.