A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in and area bounded by Kentucky Drive, Padbury Road and Garvey Road in Dardanup West in the Shire of Dardanup
• You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
• It is burning towards Padbury Road.
• The bushfire is moving slowly in a easterly direction.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
• Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting up to 100 metres ahead of the fire.
WHAT TO DO:
• If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
• Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
• There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in an area bounded by Boyanup-Picton Road, South Western Highway, Dardanup Road and Wallrodt Crescent in Dardanup West and Picton areas in the Shire of Dardanup.
There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
Some roads may be closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Firefighters are on the scene actively fighting the fire.
• Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
• The fire was reported at 12.50pm todaya
• The cause of the fire is unknown
• The Shire of Dardanup is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.