*Please note this alert has been downgraded.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Kentucky Drive, Padbury Road and Garvey Road in Dardanup West in the Shire of Dardanup.
• The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire is contained and under control.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire started on Bailey Loop near Garvey Road.
• The bushfire is stationary.
• It is contained and under control.
A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in an area bounded by Boyanup-Picton Road, South Western Highway, Dardanup Road and Wallrodt Road in Dardanup West and Picton areas in the Shire of Dardanup.
Although there is no immediate danger for people in these areas you need to be aware and keep up to date.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
• If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
• If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
No roads are closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• 30 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service and Bush Fire Service firefighters are on the scene.
• Firefighters are mopping up.
• The fire was reported at 12.50pm today.
• The cause of the fire is accidental.
• The Shire of Dardanup is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow, Tuesday 23 February, unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.