The following alert has been issued by the Department of Parks and Wildlife
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near Owingup Nature Reserve, 25km west-south-west of Denmark in the Shire of Denmark.
• The bushfire is contained but not controlled.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings. • Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames. • Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible. • Read through your bushfire survival plan. • If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse. • Be extremely careful when driving through the area. • Turn your headlights on and drive slowly. • Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions. • If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears. • If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
No roads are closed.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
RECREATION SITE CLOSURES:
No recreation sites are closed. WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Parks and Wildlife and local volunteer bushfire brigades are on the scene and strengthening containment lines.
• The fire was reported at 2.40pm on Tuesday 1 March.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• The Department of Parks and Wildlife is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dpaw.wa.gov.au,www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow Parks and Wildlife on Twitter @WAParksWildlife or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow (2 March 2016) unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.