**Public Information Map attached below**
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in north
eastern Meelon in the vicinity of the rail crossings on Pinjarra-Williams Road
in the Shire of Murray.
WHAT TO DO:
If you live east
of the rail crossings on Pinjarra-Williams Road in Meelon leave in an
If live west of
the rail crossings on Pinjarra-Williams Road in Meelon leave in a westerly
PLACE OF LAST
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in Meelon and Teesdale,
west of Dwellingup, in an area bounded by Scarp Road, Burnside Road and Coolup
Road East, including Valley View Road in the Shire of Murray.
• There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is
approaching the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave – act immediately, do not wait and see.
• The fire is burning in bushland north of Pinjarra-Williams Road between
Burnside Road and Scarp Road. It is burning towards Pinjarra-WiIliams
• The bushfire is moving fast in a south westerly direction.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
• Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are
starting ahead of the fire.
• Flames are four metres high.
WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is
• There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows,
and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the
system if possible.
• It is not safe to stay and defend your home, your best chance for
survival is to leave now.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area
could be very dangerous.
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from
FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Forty five volunteer Bush Fire Service and Department of Parks and
Wildlife firefighters from are on the scene.
• Firefighters are building and strengthening containment lines.
• Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
• The fire was reported at 3.29am today.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• The Shire of Murray is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local
radio or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.