An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in Meelon in the Shire of Murray.
• The bushfire that was burning south of Napier Road, east of Burnside Road, north of Maddison Road and west of Scarp Road has been extinguished.
• Firefighters have worked tirelessly together with other agencies since the fire was reported.
• The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
• Drive slowly and with caution due to emergency services personnel working in the area.
No roads are closed.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
Road information may also be available by calling Main Roads WA on 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day.
• The fire was reported at 3.29am on Monday 14 March and more than 1,260 hectares have been burnt.
• The cause of the fire is suspicious.
• People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
• The Shire of Murray is now managing the fire.
No further updates will be issued.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.