Please note- changes throughout alert.
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Parks and Wildlife
bushfire ADVICE remains in place for people near South Eneabba Nature
reserve, 20km south of Eneabba, in the Shire of Carnamah.
· There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke
in the area.
· Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
· The fire started in South Eneabba Nature Reserve and has crossed the Brand Highway. It is burning on both sides of the
· The bushfire is moving slowly in a westerly direction.
· It is contained but not controlled..
WHAT TO DO IF DRIVING:
· Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
· Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
· Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
· If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
· If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health
Direct on 1800 022 222.
Brand Highway remains closed between Coolimba-Eneabba Road and Coorow-Green Head Road.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
RECREATION SITE CLOSURES:
No recreation sites are closed.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
50 Parks and Wildlife and local volunteer bushfire service firefighters are mopping up and burning out pockets.
· The fire was reported at 10.30am on 18 March.
· The fire has burnt approximately
· The cause of the fire is lightning.
· The Department of Parks and Wildlife is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow Parks and Wildlife on Twitter @WAParksWildlife or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am tomorrow (19 March 2016) unless the situation changes.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.