An ALL CLEAR has been issued for people in the Torbay Community 1.5km south of the West Cape Howe National Park in the Shire of Albany
• The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
Shelley Beach Road remains closed while the area is made safe. For further information, call the Parks and Wildlife Albany office on (08) 9842 4500.
RECREATION SITE CLOSURES:
Shelley Beach and West Cape Howe National Park remain closed while the area is made safe. The Bibbulmun Track between Tennessee Road South/Lowlands Beach and Cosy Corner including West Cape Howe and Torbay campsites remain closed. For further information, call the Parks and Wildlife Albany office on (08) 9842 4500.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Firefighters are mopping up and will continue to monitor the area.
• The fire was reported at 10pm on 21 March and has burnt more than 600 hectares.
• The fire is believed to have been deliberately lit. People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
• The Department of Parks and Wildlife is managing the fire.
No further updates will be issued.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.