An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people travelling along Great Northern Highway, approximately 50 kilometres north of Auski Roadhouse in the Shire of Ashburton.
• The bushfire that was burning near Great Northern Highway has been extinguished.
• Firefighters have worked tirelessly together with other agencies since the fire was reported.
• The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
• Drive slowly and with caution due to emergency services personnel working in the area.
No roads are closed.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
Road information may also be available by calling Main Roads WA on 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Local Government is monitoring the fire.
• The incident was reported at 9.49am on Sunday 27 March 2016.
• The cause of the fire is a truck fire.
• The Shire of Ashburton is managing the fire.
No further updates will be issued.
The specified alert has expired and is no longer active.
A new alert may have been issued for this incident.
Please visit the Alerts and Warnings page for the latest information.
Disclaimer | Privacy | FOI | Copyright | Contact Us
© 2016 Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.