Communities are on alert as Severe Tropical Cyclone Laurence is heading towards Sandfire to Pardoo and inland to Yarrie and Marble Bar.
A number of FESA State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers from Port Hedland and Broome and the Marble Bar Volunteer Emergency Service will be mobilised tomorrow to assist the local community.
Incident management teams have been established to help people that may be impacted by the cyclone.
As TC Laurence passed Eighty Mile Beach it caused significant structural damage to buildings at Eighty Mile Caravan Park.
A FESA reconnaissance helicopter will be deployed from Broome to the Pilbara tomorrow to survey the area for damage.
· People needing SES assistance can call 132 500.
· In a life threatening situation call 000.
· For the latest weather information visit www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
· For information about road conditions contact Main Roads WA on 138 138 or visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
· To report downed powerlines call Western Power on 13 13 51.
For more cyclone safety tips visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au