Prepare now for likely flooding in De Grey River catchment area
People near the De Grey River catchment area need to prepare for likely flooding.
Very heavy rainfall has been reported in the area above Yarrie Station due to Cyclone Laurence.
More heavy rainfall is forecast for the catchment above Warrawagine Station including Nullagine and Oakover River catchments.
FESA’s State Emergency Service (SES) has these tips to help you and your family stay safe:
· Watch for changes in water levels so you are ready if you need to relocate
· Floodways and river levels may rise rapidly so be careful at crossings
· Obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current
· Some roads may be flooded and impassable, so obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current
· Do not go near storm drains and pipes, ditches and ravines, they are dangerous
· Continue to monitor radio, television and the internet for more information
If you are a traveller do not park or camp in a dry river crossing.
· Ripon Hills Road from Marble Bar to the Telfer turnoff
· Telfer Road
If you need SES assistance call 132 500. In a life threatening situation call 000.
Keep up to date with the latest weather information, visit www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
For current road conditions visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or call 138 138.
For more flood safety tips visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au.