A flood warning for the De Grey River catchment area has been cancelled.
Minor flood levels in the Oakover and lower Nullagine River catchments are continuing to fall and expected to be below flood level during today.
Downstream in the De Grey River there will be small rises as flood water move downstream.
In the lower De Grey River at Coolenar Pool the river will continue rise and expected to peak at about minor flood level of 5.5 metres on Friday.
No rainfall has been reported in the De Grey River catchment during the past 24 hours to 9am Thursday.
FESA’s State Emergency Service (SES) has these tips to help you and your family stay safe:
· If you are a traveller do not park or camp in a dry river crossing
· Watch for changes in water levels so you are ready if you need to take action or relocate
· Floodways and river levels may rise rapidly so be careful at crossings
· Obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current
· Do not go near storm drains and pipes, ditches and ravines, they are dangerous
· Be aware that some roads may still be flooded and impassable
· Keep up to date through radio, television or the internet
If you need SES assistance call 132 500. In a life threatening situation call 000.
Keep up to date with the latest weather information, visit www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
For current road conditions visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or call 138 138.
For more flood safety tips visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au.
This information is also available by calling 1300 657 209.