The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a Catastrophic Fire Danger Rating for Wednesday 30 December for the Eucla.
This includes eastern parts of the City of Kalgoorlie Boulder and the Shire of Dundas
Keep up to date with fire information through local radio, websites and TV. Do not wait for an emergency warning before you act. Your safest option for survival is away from the fire. If you see flames call triple zero.
If a fire starts:
• It will be unpredictable, difficult to control and move very fast.
• Flames will be higher than roof tops.
• Thousands of embers will be blown around your home causing other fires.
• Spot fires may start 20 kilometres ahead of the main fire.
• Well prepared, well constructed and actively defended homes are highly unlikely to be safe.
If you live within 100 metres of bushland:
• It is also a good idea not to invite family or friends to your house on the worst fire danger day.
• Put your bushfire survival plan into action.
• Only stay and defend your home if it is well prepared, well constructed and you can actively defend it. If you are in doubt about defending your home, leave.
To find out how to prepare your property, how to develop a bushfire survival plan and what the Fire Danger Rating means to you visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au or call 9323 9300 during normal office hours.
Check the Fire Danger Rating for your area by visiting www.bom.gov.au or call 1900 955 366 (call charges apply).