To report a fire on 31 December from 12pm to 10pm call 9574 2620
To report a fire on 1 January 2010 from 7am to 5pm call 9574 2620
Call 000 outside of these hours
residents returning to fire affected areas:
Take care when moving around the fire affected area, especially your property, as conditions may change.
Motorists in the area should take extreme caution when returning home as there may still be smoke across some roads. Beware of fire and other emergency services personnel who are continuing their work. Other things to beware of are wandering livestock, loose gravel, debris on roads, fallen trees and branches.
Damaged buildings and property:
· If your building has asbestos materials and it has been damaged please wear appropriate personal protection such as respirators and particle masks.
· Beware of sharp items such as glass shards, corrugated iron and rubble.
· Fire or falling debris may have damaged chemical containers. If you are unsure about handling these chemicals contact FESA on 9323 9300 or 9323 9333.
· If you suspect you have damaged firearms, ammunition or explosives contact local Police on 9574 2212.
· Beware of unstable buildings and property.
Around your property:
· Do not drink or cook with water from your water tank as it may be contaminated. For advice on using rainwater after a bushfire visit www.public.health.wa.gov.au (enter ‘rainwater and bushfire’ in the search box).
· Beware of falling branches, burnt out stumps, burning and smouldering trees.
· Unless you can confirm that power is off, treat all lines as live. Several power poles and powerlines have fallen and been damaged. Power has been turned off to most areas but please be careful.
· Due to damaged fences, livestock from your property and neighbouring properties may be in unexpected locations.
Shire of Toodyay 9574 2258 WA Police 13 81 38
Western Power 13 13 51 Main Roads WA 138 138
Water Corporation 13 13 75 Telstra 13 22 03
Toodyay vet 9574 5055 Toodyay Regional Operations Centre 9574 4555
Next Community Information Meeting:
When: Friday 1 January 2010 at 11am
Where: Toodyay Town Hall, Stirling Street, hosted by the Recovery Committee