Natural disaster relief available for Toodyay, Dandaragan and Coorow bushfires
The Premier of Western Australia confirmed in Toodyay yesterday that the impact of the fires on the community met the criteria to be declared an “Eligible Natural Disaster” for the purposes of the Western Australia Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (WANDRRA).
WANDRRA is administered by FESA, with assistance from other agencies, and provides help to people who have suffered the direct impact of a declared natural disaster.
Support available under WANDRRA can include:
- The provision of emergency assistance including emergency accommodation, food, essential clothing and other personal items
- Temporary living expenses
- Housing repairs
- Replacement of household furniture
· Support for primary producers and advice for recovery, freight costs, fencing and interest rate subsidy.
· Replacement cost of essential public asset and local government costs associated with fighting the fire.
- Small business interest rate subsidies
To apply for assistance or for more information contact the following agencies:
· Personal support: Department of Child Protection - 1800 199 008
· Primary producers: Department of Food and Agriculture – email@example.com or 1800 198 231
· Small Business and other enquiries: WANDRRA Administrator (08) 9323 9552, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au