There is no immediate danger but you need to keep up to date in case the situation changes.
Heavy rain in the Keep River and Ord River catchment is expected to result in flooding today and tomorrow.
FESA’s State Emergency Service (SES) has these tips to help you and your family stay safe:
· Put fuel in your vehicle
· Prepare to relocate equipment and livestock early so they are not caught in floodwaters
· Find out when shops and businesses will close
· Prepare an emergency kit including enough canned food and water to last four days
· Pack a relocation kit including warm clothes, valuables, important papers and photos in waterproof bags
· Watch for changes in water levels so you are ready if you need to take action or relocate
· Obey road closure signs and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current
· Keep up to date through radio, television or the internet
If you are a traveller do not park or camp in a dry river crossing.
If you need SES assistance call 132 500. In a life threatening situation call 000.
Keep up to date with the latest weather information, visit www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
For current road conditions visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or call 138 138.
For more flood safety tips visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au.
This information is also available by calling 1300 657 209.
Media Contact: Media and Public Affairs, 9225 5955.