Severe fire danger advice for the Gascoyne (Inland and Coastal), Shire of Ashburton (Inland) and the Goldfields on Tuesday 2 February
The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a Severe Fire Danger Rating for tomorrow for inland and coastal parts of the Gascoyne, the inland part of the Shire of Ashburton and the Goldfields.
This includes the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder local government area (western part) and the Shires of:
- Mount Magnet
- Shark Bay
- Upper Gascoyne
- Dundas – western part
- Laverton – south west corner
- Ashburton (inland part)
Keep up to date with fire information through local radio, websites and TV. Do not wait for an emergency warning before you act. Your safest option for survival is away from the fire. If you see flames call triple zero.
If a fire starts:
- It will be unpredictable, difficult to control and move very fast.
- Embers will be blown around your home causing other fires.
- Spot fires may start ahead of the main fire.
- Only very well prepared, well constructed and actively defended homes may offer any degree of safety.
If you live within 100 metres of bushland:
- It is safest to leave early if a fire starts, that is hours before a fire reaches you, put your survival first.
- Put your bushfire survival plan into action.
- Only stay and defend your home if it is well prepared, well constructed and you can actively defend it. If you are in doubt about defending your home, leave.
To find out how to prepare your property, how to develop a bushfire survival plan and what the Fire Danger Rating means to you visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au or call 9323 9300 during normal office hours.
Check the Fire Danger Rating for your area by visiting www.bom.gov.au or call 1900 955 366 (call charges apply).