An earthquake has occurred approximately one to two kilometres south west of the Kalgoorlie City centre in Boulder at around 8.20am.
Geoscience Australia advises it had a magnitude of 5.
The earthquake has impacted mainly the Boulder area damaging around five or six older hotels on Burt Street including the Roc Hotel and Golden Eagle.
Burt and Lane Streets in Boulder have been closed and people are asked to avoid the area.
There have been no reports of people trapped or injured.
People in the area should also:
- Expect aftershocks.
- Be careful of falling debris.
- Take direction from emergency services personnel.
- Turn off electricity, gas and water if possible.
Firefighters and FESA State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers from Kalgoorlie are currently working at the scene.
- People who require assistance can call the SES on 132 500.
- In a life threatening emergency call 000.
- Contact Main Roads WA on 138 138 for information about road conditions.
- Call Western Power on 13 13 51 to report downed power lines.
More information will be released as it becomes available.
This information is also available by calling 1300 657 209 or visiting www.fesa.wa.gov.au