The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a Severe Fire Danger Rating for today for the central wheatbelt including the Shires of:
· Wongan Hills
· Bruce Rock
· Lace Grace.
Keep up to date with fire information through local radio, websites and TV. Do not wait for an emergency warning before you act. Your safest option for survival is away from the fire. If you see flames call triple zero.
If a fire starts:
- It will be unpredictable, difficult to control and move very fast.
- Embers will be blown around your home causing other fires.
- Spot fires may start six kilometres ahead of the main fire.
- Only very well prepared, well constructed and actively defended homes may offer any degree of safety.
If you live within 100 metres of bushland you should:
- It is safest to leave early if a fire starts, that is hours before a fire reaches you, put your survival first.
- Put your bushfire survival plan into action.
- Only stay and defend your home if it is well prepared, well constructed and you can actively defend it. If you are in doubt about defending your home, leave.
To find out how to prepare your property, develop a bushfire survival plan and what the Fire Danger Rating means to you visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au
Check the Fire Danger Rating for your area by visiting www.bom.gov.au