The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a Catastrophic Fire Danger Rating for today for the area east of Esperance to Israelite Bay and north to Norseman.
Keep up to date with fire information through local radio, websites and TV. Do not wait for an emergency warning before you act. Your safest option for survival is away from the fire. If you see flames call triple zero.
If a fire starts:
- It will be unpredictable, difficult to control and move very fast.
- Flames will be higher than roof tops.
- Thousands of embers will be blown around your home causing other fires.
- Spot fires may start 20 kilometres ahead of the main fire.
- Well prepared, well constructed and actively defended homes are
highly unlikely to be safe.
- Put your survival first and leave, it is the best option. It is safest to leave
early, that is hours or the day before a fire starts.
- Under no circumstances will it be safe to stay and defend your home.
To find out how to prepare your property, develop a bushfire survival plan and what the Fire Danger Rating means to you visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au
Check the Fire Danger Rating for your area by visiting www.bom.gov.au