Different forms of assistance are provided to individuals and families (Category A) under WANDRRA is managed by the Department of Communities and local governments.
Emergency assistance under this section may be available for individuals or families to alleviate the personal hardship or distress arising as a direct result of an eligible natural disaster.
The assistance may be for one or more of the following:
Department of Communities (Emergency Services)
- Emergency food, clothing or temporary accommodation
- Repair or replacement of essential items of furniture and personal effects
- Essential repairs to housing, including temporary repairs and repairs necessary to restore housing to a habitable condition
- Personal and financial counselling aimed at alleviating personal hardship and distress arising as a direct result of a natural disaster
Note: Some of these measures are subject to Income and/or Assets Testing and other Eligibility Criteria.
If you require assistance or further information contact your local Department of Communities office or phone 1800 032 965.
- Removal of debris from residential properties to make them safe and habitable
- Demolition or rebuilding to restore housing to a habitable condition
If you require assistance or further information contact your local government office in your shire, town or city.
Further details are shown in the Category A Measures sheet.
Download the Category A Measures sheet PDF 228 KB