During an emergency, one of the best things you can do for your safety is keep informed about where the danger is, what is happening and what to do.
DFES recommends that people use a range sources of information about an emergency.
- using this website to access warnings
- staying in touch with neighbours, family and friends
- being alert and aware of your surroundings
- tuning in to ABC local radio
- listening to 6PR if you are in the Perth metropolitan area
If someone you know alerts you to a possible emergency, or if you can see or smell something that might be dangerous, that’s your warning.
The warnings information contained on this website is also provided via the DFES emergency information phone line (13 DFES or 13 3337), to the media and via DFES’ Twitter account.
Never rely on any one source and remember, you know best what is happening in your immediate surroundings.
If you believe you may be in danger, act immediately for your own safety.
In a life threatening emergency call triple zero (000).
Refer to the menu on the right for detailed information about warning systems.