DFES - Department of Fire and Emergency Services
000 for fire or life threatening emergencies
132 500 for SES emergency assistance
13 DFES (13 3337) for emergency information
General enquiries | Hearing or speech impaired contacts
SHARE: Refer this page to a friend

Can I get an exemption to carry out work during a Total Fire Ban?

Can I get an exemption to carry out work during a TFB?

Some industries and activities may be given an exemption depending on the nature of their activity. 

How can I get an exemption?

An exemption may be granted if you can show you are taking proper steps to prevent any fire spreading, and can control and put out any fire that may start.

Exemptions can cover specific times and locations and can be changed or cancelled at any time.

Exemption Application Form

  • PDF format (587 KB)
  • Word format (93 KB)
  • Click here for a guide to completing the form and where to send it (PDF - 644 KB)
  • Please forward your application to:

    Email: exemptions@dfes.wa.gov.au
    Post: P.O. Box 1174
    PERTH WA 6844

    Dependent upon operational priorities applications may take at least 4 weeks to process. Applications should be submitted a minimum of at least one month prior to commencement of the activity/project where possible.

    You will receive a confirmation receipt regarding your application.