DFES - Department of Fire and Emergency Services
000 for fire or life threatening emergencies
132 500 for SES emergency assistance
13 DFES (13 3337) for emergency information
General enquiries | Hearing or speech impaired contacts
SHARE: Refer this page to a friend

Emergency Services Volunteer Fuel Card

The Emergency Services Volunteer Fuel Card Scheme (the Scheme) is a gift, made possible by the State Government of Western Australia, to support the important work of metropolitan and regional emergency service volunteers and acknowledge their contribution to the WA community.

Under this Scheme, participating brigades, groups and units (BGUs) in the following services will be provided, with a $1,000 fuel card for the 2019/20 financial year.

  • Bush Fire Service
  • St John Ambulance
  • State Emergency Service
  • Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services
  • Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service
  • Marine Rescue Western Australia

Funding for the fuel cards in regional WA is supported by the Royalties for Regions.

How can the fuel card be used?

The volunteer officer-in-charge will be responsible for distributing the fuel card amongst actively contributing registered volunteers within the BGU.

The fuel card is restricted to fuel purchases only and can be used for private or recreational use. The fuel card must not be used to purchase fuel for an operational vehicle or vessel.

Talk to your brigade, group or unit leader or sub centre manager about who is your designated Fuel Card holder.

For emergency services volunteers who can access the DFES Volunteer Portal, the name of your fuel card volunteer officer-in-charge for your brigade, group or unit will be available when cards are planned to be sent out in August 2019.

When can I apply for a fuel card?

The application period for the fuel card for the 2019/20 financial year is now closed.

Where can I find out more information?

For volunteer officers-in-charge upon receipt of their card

For enquires about where fuel cards can be used, account balances, using your Web Self Service account or to report a card faulty, damaged, lost or stolen once you have received your card:

Call the WEX Motorpass Volunteer Fuel Card Hotline

  • 1300 641 230

For further information email or call the DFES Fuel Card Administrator


Would you like to keep informed?

If you would like to register for updates on this Scheme, please enter your name and email address below and press 'submit'.

Disclaimer: Personal information provided by users will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected. DFES will not disclose email addresses or other personal details to any third party (including other State Government institutions or authorities) without the user's explicit consent, except if required by law or other regulation.​​​​​​​

Name *  
Email address *